For the 15th year, the Toronto Star is honouring the nursing profession with a call for nominations for the Nightingale Award. We know all nurses deserve recognition for the selfless work they do, but this year, let’s make it an SEIU Healthcare member!
In order to nominate that special nurse, you will need to provide the following info:
- The first and last name of the nurse
- Your name and daytime telephone number
- Workplace of the nurse (specify which hospital, ward, healthcare location, department or organization) where the care or association with the nurse took place
- Approximate dates of care provided (must be between Jan 1, 2015 and Feb 29, 2016)
- Your relationship to the nurse (patient, patient’s family member, co-worker, etc.)
Provide a personal account in 250-500 words, explaining why this nurse deserves to be recognized with the Nightingale Award. This may include a description of his/her qualities, care of the patient, specific examples of the nurse’s efforts and dedication and the difference he/she has made in your life or the lives of others. The nurse must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and may not be nominated by a member of their own family.
If you know an extraordinary example of the nursing profession, please send your nomination no later than March 16, 2016 to:
Nightingale Award Nomination
One Yonge Street, 5th Floor
Toronto, ON M5E 1E6
Or submit online.